Perpignan | Facilities
CRIOBE is based at the University of Perpignan Via Domitia (UPVD) in the south of France, only a short distance from the Mediterranean Sea. Here, at the University of Perpignan, CRIOBE occupies two buildings, each of which is equipped with laboratories, offices and workshops.
Our library contains more than 800 volumes, including reports, theses, scientific publications and books.
There are 2 conference rooms, both with Powerpoint projectors and one with video conferencing capabilities. These rooms regularly host meetings and academic courses, and need to be reserved ahead of time to ensure their availability. The larger room can hold 30 people and the smaller roughly 15.
In addition to the offices occupied by researchers, staff and students based in Perpignan, there are also several spaces reserved for visiting researchers and guests of the CRIOBE. These offices are equipped with telephones and access to the internet, a printer, photocopier and scanner.
The CRIOBE in Perpignan has 8 separate laboratories for the following research activities:
- Molecular biology
- Optical and sample sorting
- Bacterial culture
- Biomolecular extraction
- Extraction of pesticides and bio-pesticides
- In vitro testing
- DNA extractor, PCR machines, scales, vortex, centrifuges, bain marie, electrophoreses machines.
- Extractor hood, incubator with agitation, microscopes, binocular loupes and microtome.
- Freezers (-80°C and -20°C), refrigerators, sample storage cabinets.
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectrometer (NMR)
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), Photodiode Array Detector (PDA), Mass Spectrometry (MS), Gas Chromatography (GC), LC-PDA-MSn ThermoScientific (Accela PDA/LCQ Fleet), Fluorescence Detector (Fluo), Evaporative Light Scattering Detector (ELSD), HPLC-PDA-Fluo-ELSD Waters Alliance 2695, GC-MS ThermoFocus DSQII
- Mechanical and precision tools, test equipment, electronics, welding tools.
- Power tools including a router, sander, multi-cut saw, etc.
- 200L compressor equipped with pneumatic tools (shock keys, grinder, etc.)
Scientific Diving Equipment
- BCDs, regulators, weights
- GPS, geo-referencing equipment
- Compasses, measuring tapes, hose reels, PVC quadrats ...
Vehicles and Boats
- Boat: "Sobek", a semi-rigid 6m Bombard, engine: YAMAHA 115 HP, trailer
- Vehicles: 1 car, 1 utility van