Université de Perpignan Via Domitia (UPVD)
CRIOBE - Perpignan
Laboratoire de Chimie des Biomolécules et de l’Environnement
Université de Perpignan Via Domitia
52 Avenue Paul Alduy
66860 Perpignan CEDEX
Domaines de Recherche:
- Environmental Metabolomics
- Molecular biology
Sélection de Publications (Récentes)
- Patil C, Calvayrac C, Zhou Y, Romdhane S, Salvia MV, Cooper JF, Dayan FE, Bertrand C. Environmental Metabolic Footprinting: A novel application to study the impact of a natural and a synthetic β-triketone herbicide in soil. Science of the Total Environment. 2016 Oct 1; 566:552-8.
- Patil CD, Borase HP, Suryawanshi RK, Patil SV. Trypsin inactivation by latex fabricated gold nanoparticles: A new strategy towards insect control. Enzyme and Microbial Technology. 2016 Jun 11.
- Patil C, Suryawanshi R, Koli S, Patil S. Improved method for effective screening of ACC (1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate) deaminase producing microorganisms. Journal of microbiological methods. 2016 Dec 31;131:102-4.
- Suryawanshi RK, Patil CD, Koli SH, Hallsworth JE, Patil SV. Antimicrobial activity of prodigiosin is attributable to plasma-membrane damage. Natural product research. 2017 Mar 4;31(5):572-7.
My professional experience has been focused on the use of different bio-control agents against the pests of human health and agricultural importance, identification and selection of those agents through classical and molecular biology tools. The agents involved are bacteria, fungi, plants, transgenic insecticidal proteins and biosynthesized nanomaterials.
Currently, I am participating in a multidisciplinary project funded by European Union (MSCA-IF, EnvFate) that spans the interface between chemistry and biology. We will employ an innovative ‘Environmental metabolic Footprinting’ approach to dynamically characterize the biomarkers of Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (Bti) pollution found among metabolites issued from the sediment matrix meta-metabolome using LC-MS platform. In addition, metabarcoding approach will be applied to understand microbial community responses to the Bti pollution. A major component of the work will also be development and improvement of bioinformatics pipelines to analyse data from LC-MS platform and next-generation sequencing.