Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
CRIOBE - Paris
CRIOBE - USR3278- EPHE-CNRS-UPVD
Laboratoire d'Excellence "CORAIL"
Maison des Océans
195 rue Saint-Jacques, Paris
Domaines de Recherche:
- Ecologie de la conservation
- Systèmes socio-écologiques
- Modéles statistiques
- Evaluation d'impacts environnementaux
- Développement d'indicateurs et d'outils d'aide á la décision
Sélection de Publications (Récentes)
- Horta e Costa B, Claudet J, Franco G, Erzini K, Caro A, Gonçalves EJ (in press). A Regulation-Based Classification System for Marine Protected Areas (MPAs). Marine Policy.
- Lamy T, Galzin R, Kulbick M, Lison de Loma T, Claudet J (2016). Three decades of recurrent declines and recoveries in corals belie ongoing change in fish assemblages. Coral Reefs 35: 293-302.
- Leenhardt P, Teneva L, Kininmouth S, Smith N, Landmead O, Darling ES, Claudet J (2015). Challenges for making marine social-ecological science matter. Ocean and Coastal Management. 115: 49-60.
- Grorud-Colvert K, Claudet J, Tissot BN, Caselle JE, Carr MH, Day JC, Friedlander AM, Lester SE, Lison de Loma T, Malone D, Walsh WJ (2014). Marine protected area networks: Assessing whether the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. PLoS ONE 9(8): e102298. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0102298.
Joachim Claudet specializes in linked coastal social-ecological research at the land-sea interface, using place-based case studies to inform management or meta-analyzes to impact policy. He is interested in research that helps implement appropriate monitoring designs and management plans, develop indicators and decision-making tools. He currently leads as PI three inter-disciplinary projects on linked social-ecological resilience of coastal systems (ACRoSS, ANR; BUFFER, EU ERA-Net BiodivERsA; INTHENSE, Fondation de France) and one on the use of MPA networks to reach sustainable fisheries in the Mediterranean Sea, and, among others, is WP leader in two projects on ecosystem resilience and ecosystem services valuation, respectively (LIVE AND LET DIE, ANR; CORAL REEFS IN A CHANGING WORLD, EU BEST). Expert on marine protected areas for PISCO and WWF, he is also involved in several scientific councils and is the president of the scientific council of MedPAN. Faculty member of F100 Prime and Associate Editor of F1000 Research, Joachim Claudet recently edited a book on marine protected areas at Cambridge University Press.